Hypnotherapy (hypnobirthing) for pregnancy is a fantastic therapeutic technique used to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation during pregnancy. It helps the prospective mother to experience the most comfortable, relaxing childbirth without using pain medication and reduce discomfort and depression.
The benefits of hypnobirthing are numerous. Some of them include:
- Potentially reduced labour
- Reduced fears and any preconceived notions of childbirth. and tensions
- Diminishes actual pain during labour with the use of hypnotherapy techniques
- Reduces the need for pain medication n for relief
- How to stay relaxed and in control during labour,
- Be more confident and informed about your pregnancy and labour.
- Reduces exhaustion during labour
- Potentially helps mothers recover more quickly from the labour.
- Learn self hypnosis techniques you can learn for life and use in your pregnancies
The hypnobirthing session is £50 per hour/ session and only 5 sessions across the whole pregnancy. Though you are welcomed to just attend one session, see how you feel about the session and see if you would like more.
As part of my clinical hypnotherapy course I also trained specifically in Hypnobirthing.
Hypnotherapy for pregnancy research
A British study found a statistically significant reduction in the legnth of labour for first and second time mothers in 70 patients who used hypnosis in contrast to 70 patients who underwent relaxation techniques alone.
Source: (Davidson, 1962)
Other research has also indicated a reduction of two to three hours of labour time for women using hypnosis for childbirth
Source: (Abramson and Heron 1950)
In another British study, 55% of 45 patients using hypnosis required no medication for pain releif during labour. In the non-hypnosis group only 22% of 90 women required no medication.
Source: (August 1961)
I’am currently pregnant myself and have been using hypnobirthing- with very positive effects.
If you would like to try a hypnobirthing session for a very reasonable £50 then please do contact me,
Sidra Khan: MBPsS, MNCH (Reg), D. Hyp, C.Hyp, PNLP
Fully qualified and registered Clinical Hypnotherapist
Contact: 07526 000360