Hypnotherapy to stop smoking works– why?
Because Clinical hypnotherapy uses the power of the subconscious mind to create change- change in the way we think, feel and behave. Smoking- just like any other behavior is learned and just like any other behavior, can be unlearned.
How will a hypnotherapy session with you make me stop smoking?
Its quick: I offer a two hour and half hour session to stop smoking using Clinical hypnotherapy. In just two hours 30 minutes, you could stop smoking, be healthier and financially better off.
It’ll save you money: No more spending thousands of pounds a year on cigarettes. In just two hours you will potentially be saving a small fortune that would have otherwise been wasted on cigarettes in future years to come.
Hypnotherapy deals with the cause- not just the effect: Unlike most other treatments- hypnotherapy is aimed at treating the underlying issues of why people smoke. Just not the behavior itself.
It works: Hypnotherapy research findings have been significant and success rates high.
There are no side affects: Stop smoking medications such as Zyban can have side affects that are sometimes as worse as the symptoms whereas Hypnotherapy has none.
Research has proved success with stop smoking using hypnotherapy
In 1992 the University of Iowa conducted a study about smoking cessation using 72,000 people to conclude that that hypnotherapy is three times more effective than nicotine replacement and fifteen times more effective than willpower.
Some of the reasons why YOU should stop smoking:
- Smoking is the biggest cause of death and illness in the uk
- Smoking is very expensive
- There are more than 4000 chemicals in tobacco-most of which are poison.
- At least 43 chemicals in cigarettes are related to cancer.
- If you stop smoking you may live longer and the risk of getting heart disease and cancer is reduced
- Passive smoking is almost as dangerous as smoking yourself- you are putting your loved ones and other people at risk.
- Smoking stains your teeth
- Smoking smells terrible and will get into your clothes no matter how much perfume, aftershave or body spray you use!
- Smoking affects fertility
- Smoking ages you
- And the list goes on..
But If you stop now..
You’ll be healthier and the great thing is that the benefits will start almost as soon as you stop smoking:
20 minutes: Your blood pressure and heart rate will begin to become normal
8 hours: Your oxygen levels will improve
24 hours: excess carbon monoxide will dissapear
48 hours: your sense of taste and smell will improve so you can enjoy more delicious foods!
72 hours: Your breathing becomes easier and you will start to have more energy.
5 days: The nicotine in your body will be gone.
1 year: risk of a heart attack falls to that of a non smoker.
10 years: you have the same risk of getting lung cancer as that of a non smoker.
Not only that. Your Bank balance will be much-MUCH better.
Approximately most people spend about £10 to £20 a day on cigarettes.
How much money would you save in a year if you didn’t smoke?
£3000. Money that could have been used for a brilliant holiday or towards a nice car.
How much money would you save in 20 years if you didn’t smoke?
A whooping £50, 0000. A huge sum of money that you could have used towards a deposit for a property, countless holidays and shopping, a brand new car and the list goes on..
Just some of the clinical based evidence that hypnotherapy works for smoking cessation
- 21 patients who received a stop smoking cessation hypnotherapy. At the end of the session, 81% of those patients that received treatment reported that they had stopped smoking and 48% reported abstinence at 12 months post treatment. 95% of patients reported feeling satisfied with the treatment they received.
Source:Journal of Clinical Exp Hypnotherapy 2004 Jan;52(1):73-81.Clinical hypnosis for smoking cessation: preliminary results of a three-session intervention Elkins GR, Rajab MH.Texas A&M University)
- 226 smokers were referred to a smoking cessation program. They were treated with a single smoking cessation session intervention using self hypnosis. They were then followed up after a two year period. 52% of the group achieved total abstinence from smoking. (from one session!)These results may be modest however they are clearly significant in comparison to other more spontaneous methods to stop smoking.
(Source:Predictors of smoking abstinence following a single-session restructuring intervention with self-hypnosis.Spiegel D, Frischholz EJ, Fleiss JL, Spiegel H. Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine)
Be much healthier and save a small fortune in the process). Contact me today to Stop smoking and potentially save your life.
If you do not see your issue on the treatment list please do give me a call as I work with a variety of issues and can help.
Sidra Khan: MBPsS, DipCHyp, HPD, PNLP
Contact: 07526 000360